My Grandma (one of the few folks who actually looks at this blog) mentioned I needed more pics on here! So I thought I'd post pictures of my top ten favorite days of 2009. They're in no particular order... except the last one. The last one is by far my favorite day. You'll see when you get there....
But these first nine are all close runners up.
10. Easter Sunday. Spent with dear friends who I had not had time to sit and talk with for a while. It was such a gorgeous day outside and my girlfriends and I sat on Sarah's porch, sipped mimosas and chatted about nothing and everything. We had a small Easter egg hunt for the older kiddos, Brannen napped in my arms and Jesus is Alive!
9. The day we knew our daughter was alright. In Greenville, NC on our faces we prayed for her and we knew. By grace and His wounds we are healed. When the Dr. confirmed what the spirit had already made known we were broken as we had never been before. Soli Deo Gloria.
8. Cole's Celebration. What was a difficult, raw, deeply emotional time for my best friends turned into a celebration of life, grace and love. This little life is one I am truly thankful for. I will hold what he taught me always, in the deepest parts of my heart.
7. Family Reunion. This group of folks knew me before I was born, many of them knew my mother before she was born and a couple knew my grandmother before she was born. To spend an afternoon with them is to be with my roots. To see them hold my daughter is to know what it is to be a part of something bigger.
6. Mike's Farm. If you know me at all, you know I love fall. I like to make chili and carve pumpkins. I like to see the leaves change colors and I love the first few days of mid-60 degree weather. This day we went to Mike's Farm with sweet friends and introduced Brannen to the joys of fall as well. She investigated every pumpkin she could find - she was absolutely enthralled by them! We took a hayride and enjoyed the evening. Then of course, we ate the mac and cheese at the restaurant - and that's why this day made the list.....mmmmmm.
5. My Baby Girl's 1st Birthday party. It wasn't a big deal. We simply invited some friends to the beach. We played in the water and Brannen searched for seashells. The day was a little overcast but enjoyable - it was B's very first Birthday party! :)
3. Our Armageddon Day. The day before Adam deployed for the second time in about 15 months. It should've been a really sucky day - but it wasn't! Adam and Brannen napped together - (that used to be the only way she'd nap, now I can't get her to cuddle with me to save my life!) We also went to get tattoos! It was so much fun, and we both love them.
2. Valentine's Day. Adam left 5 days before Valentine's - and so did some of my friends husbands so we had a big brunch together at Hannah's house. It ended up being such an uplifting day. I had my daughter, amazing friends and felt so loved!
AND my favorite day of 2009 was...
1. The "Life is Good Today" Day. This was one of those days that just happens. The stars align, the beer flows, music fills, the Mexican sunshine warms and life is good. Especially when Zac Brown sings it. Somehow we stayed in the pool from morning until the sun set, we made friends with French-Canadians and we spoke fluent Spanish. You can't create these days if you try. They just happen, every once in a while. Sometimes you don't even know it when they come, but all the sudden you just look around and realize you're in the middle of living life and life is good.
Love you all,